From GEWar Manual
Firing a nuclear missile (often called nuke) is a quick and effective way of killing every army in a city. Nukes travel ten times faster than armies - they can be seen in the army kmz file in Google Earth.
In order to fire a nuke you need to do the following:
- First, you need to buy a nuke silo in one of your cities from the City Page, this costs 500 Geos.
- You can then buy or build a nuke. To build a nuke you will need 1000 Geos and 5 tonnes of Uranium. Alternatively you can buy them on the Market.
- With a bit of luck you may win a nuke in the GEWar Casino, when playing Slots
- When you have a nuke you can load it in a silo of any of your cities to be able to fire it from there. You can unload the nuke and load it in another silo being closer to your target. Loading and unloading is done by clicking the according link on the page of the city. Unloaded nukes appear in your inventory on the top right corner of the game pages, below your number of armies and troops. Note that a nuke loaded in a nuke silo will be lost when you lose the city. Nukes in your inventory cannot be lost.
- In order to fire the nuke you open the city you want to nuke and click the link "Launch Nuke".
If the target city has no nuke shield, all armies in the city will be destroyed and the city will be contaminated for 18-30 hours. During this time the city cannot be occupied. When the radiation clears a militia will be formed, in order to take the city this militia needs to be defeated.
If the city you nuke has a nuke shield, the nuke shield will be damaged and some troops in the occupying armies will be killed. Usually 2-3 nukes are needed to destroy the nuke shield of a city and destroy all armies inside. The city will as well be contaminated for 18-30 hours then. Note that a damaged nuke shield can be repaired by the owner, the price depends on how damaged the shield is/was.