GEWar could use your help + buying Geocells Part 2 - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > GEWar > GEWar Support > Change Log

Change Log A listing of all changes made within the game.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Liked 2,196 Times in 1,200 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
GEWar could use your help + buying Geocells Part 2

We did this about 9 months ago. Back then to raise enough money to keep the server going for atleast 6 months. Now a little further along the line, we are closer to having a real game, but also in a situation that I and GEWar could really use all the help we can get.

I will always keep GEWar running, but paying the heavy bills here is quite hard sometimes. And just found out that in order to take the next step here, it will be a little more expensive again. And in order for me to also have some time left each week to code here, I need some help.

So with that in mind, I have an offer which will also hopefully be interesting:

It works in tiers again. But for the tier 3 and 4 this time, I take in account on whether or not you donated last round for this. If you did, then I offer a 5 dollar discount.

- $1,00(every dollar): 50 geocells for every dollar donated. Use these to boost your armies. Every geocells you still have left at the end of the round can be taken into the next one(one note: first week into a new round, boosting armies is disabled).
Example: for $5,00 you would get 250 geocells.

- $15,00(first one time reward): a one time gift of a free DOND ticket. Use it to play 1 free deal or no deal without paying 1,000 geos. This ticket can be used even if you just played a dond for geos, and will not affect the timer on the next one you can play. And even more: I also give you 1,000 geos. Because...well....it's DOND and that means you can still lose. Would be ashame if I give you a free DOND and you end up with very little. Ofcourse for this amount you also get the geocells(50x10 geocells). Also added to this tier is 1 nuke!

- $30,00(second one time reward): and the best one. For the rest of the round plus next round you can build the Super Heavy Tank(as many as you want to). It costs the same as the normal Heavy Tank, and is just as strong. But it's twice as fast. For this amount you also ofcourse get the previous reward. And 30 dollars worth of geocells. (5 dollar discount if you donated last time)

- $50,00: same as above, but now you also get to name a new city that will be added to the game. The city can be named by you, and will have your username and message under it. Whether the city be real or not. Any name, as long as it is a 'clean' name and not slandering another player. The city will forever be in GEWar, and underneath it, it will forever hold your username. As a gratitude. You tell me where you want it placed, and we will negotiate where I can fit it exactly. The value of the city is amount donated * 1,000. Don't want a new city, but want your username forever under an existing city with your own message? Possible for any city under a million.

And amount of above that gets even more eternal gratitude from me. And more geocells. But the 2 rewards(free dond, and 1k geos) are just for one time(even though the super heavy tank counts for all round long).

If you wish to participate and help GEWar and me, then you can make your donation by paypal to:

Lukepuuk@hotmail.com

In the comment include your username. When it is over I want to publish the donators names publicly as an extra thank you. If you do not wish this, please put that in the comments of paypal as well.

If you want a city added, send me a PM with the name, location and message underneath it.

Thank you so much.
*Note: we don't have an automated shop for this, so every payment I have to deal with manually. I do always check regularly, but please be patient while I am sleeping(which I dont do often). I will always activate it manually right after.

The Following 7 Users like this post of Luke:
Old 05-02-2017, 06:45 PM
pitoh is stoned, any probs?
Donator

Liked 144 Times in 74 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl

Don't get me wrong, as a life donator I support Luke whatever is.

I don't understand where this game is going.....all this new features with the upgrading are booring and the game looks so complicated that is impossibile to play....

Sorry man,

but this is not the game that I fell in love with....
Old 05-02-2017, 06:48 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

So what would you suggest we change in order to make it less boring, yet still have enough to keep on going without the need of resets?

Because I agree: at this moment the game looks pretty stale. I hoped resource bases would get things going again, but it seems players dont feel like attacking eachother at all anymore.

One of the things I was thinking of is just a radical change in income. Make fighting actually profitable. Raise the income of all that actually play so that they have no problems in upgrading.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:01 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

The problem is the old version of gewar was loved by a few, but unfortunately these numbers were going down further each month. We had to do something. The old version wasn't really a game. Like players said: there was no goal to achieve.

Which is actually what a lot liked. But it had no future.

In order to survive, we had to create an actual game. It was that, or close down gewar forever. I simply could not afford to keep doing it forever. It's too expensive, if it has no future.

I'm hoping that the changes eventually lead to something balanced, even if we have to tweak things several times to reach it. But that we can have a game with a real future.

And believe me: I hate threads like this. Also not forcing anyone. I'm thankful for each player, including those that don't contribute here.

And still working on ways where a player can also get a little extra by watching a video ad. Haven't found out how to do this yet though.

Last edited by Luke; 05-02-2017 at 07:05 PM.
The Following 2 Users like this post of Luke:
Old 05-02-2017, 08:11 PM
pitoh is stoned, any probs?
Donator

Liked 144 Times in 74 Posts
the goal in the old game was to win the city value as an alliance (that is logic since the name of the game is GEwar)...
probably that time, the main problem was the multiple account and for a newbie was so hard to reach any goal even join an alliance...

to me the game must be simple, 2 type of armies (scout and whatever), no upgrading features, NO industries, NO uranium needed for nuke...I don't know Luke....but this game is so complicated and boring that I have to say that....
Old 05-02-2017, 08:28 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Yeah I said upfront there would be several from the old fans who would not like it.

However the old simple gewar had no life anymore. I had to take drastic steps because it was game over. Hardly anyone was still playing it.

The version you describe, by the way, is a verrryyy old version. We've had industry for example already for many years now. And even different armytypes have been here for a long time. And uranium: already since 2007.

But I get what you mean. Unfortunately that idea was only keeping the majority entertained for a very short period.

So this whole gameplan is a last measure into gewar survival. The version without upgrades and never-ending resets was losing more players every round. I remember at one point we were down to only 25-30 players after already only 2-3 months of playing.

This version now however isn't perfect either. But it's all new. New to me as well. We can tweak the hell out of it, but I need more feedback then.

But we do need a complete game in the end. I can't keep something running, and pay for it each month, that I know is dying. Which was the case with the old game. Might still eventually end up being the case with this one, but then atleast I know I've tried all I could think of. Right now I need to finish the whole plan, and advertise and see if it pays off.

The upgrades for example are supposed to make players want to attack more. Yet we have less (to none) attacks. What would help here? Would it help if daily geo income for example was doubled?

Last edited by Luke; 05-02-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 08:43 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

As for activity:

Another idea: take away all geos necessary for upgrades and make it resources only?
As you pay for war in geos. Would that help?

Old 05-02-2017, 09:49 PM
King_Diamond is thinking
Donator

Liked 225 Times in 104 Posts
My opinion: The player amount is too small. There are only few alliances and every one has to think carefully what to do. There's a fear of losing the whole round when making a wrong decision. This is why nothing happens and this is not to be solved by income changes I think. The past has shown that this fear is valid. If an alliances loses a war and ends up zeroed, the winning enemy is then ahead in terms of daily income because he has the cities.
And this eventually leads to the need for a reset sooner or later. So here we are again.

PS: I don't think the game is too complicated. Actually I'd like to see even more complexity

Last edited by King_Diamond; 05-02-2017 at 09:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 10:38 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

So would homebase looting then help to bring back the balance? More to be looted from the rich than the poor...

Old 05-03-2017, 03:00 PM
HellCarrot is I JUST DONT CARE
Donator

Liked 157 Times in 88 Posts
just a suggestion! not sure if it would work or help

what about the more cities u own the smaller the income. peoples biggest problem seems to be the cost!
when one alliance owns the world after winning the war or because there is lots of players in one alliance. maybe cap the income from cities at a certain amount like you do the bank. the more u have the less u get in income.
maybe that would help get the people with nothing back fighting to win the cities back and the rich not getting to rich to fast

but i do like the new things. its fun to have something to do when not fighting
2004 by Hellcarrot -All rights reserved. No part of large font or caps can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Hellcarrot.

Last edited by HellCarrot; 05-03-2017 at 03:02 PM.