I'm not a web guy so how this would work is not my understanding, but....
As most people are visual and simple graphics stimulate us all, is there a way to add short clips to the game? When you nuke a city for example, a short flash shot of a nuke going off occurs. When you attack with your troops some short action shot takes place? Almost like some of those games where the game play is nothing and the real action are the clips(final fantasy I think?). Just a thought. I can help out with creating if need be, but it may not even be worth it? Not my call.
then we all could post to ur facebook,twitter then others would post it and so on and so on.
maybe a really well done facebook page with heaps of pictures and short clips like melek said,
facebook i say because it a good way to get things around the place, people share stuff with the world on there
But with my method, I'm going to need luke's help to put up the voting links. I don't really care for the geos, I want to get more people. So luke when you have time I have a couple of ideas to implement that plan. Maybe tomorrow morning (EST) if you're not busy, can I get a word in with you?
As most around here know, I'm anti-social networking on a personal basis. However, from a business perspective then I'd be all over it, becoming a social network "lady of the night", or rather the word beginning with W that would get me an infraction haha.
Twitter is the most suitable social media site for GEWar in my opinion as it's more geared towards the quick update allowing all interested to see instantly.
Quick updates could include:
* Reset announcements
* Resource rate changes
* Interesting threads (opportunity to get keywords in that might appear in common searches)
* GEWar adverts (also an opportunity for keywords)
* Game updates - allows for regular updates to be posted, e.g. Mass/largescale attacks by alliances, war updates, change in leading alliance/player, etc. - a definite must in my opinion as it would show twists and turns, provide motivation to play, plus there's nothing worse than a Twitter account that only has an update every few weeks.
I'd also suggest that Luke setup a Linkedin Group and Company page for GEWar.net. Anyone with a Linkedin login can setup a group, however a company page can only be setup by someone with a relevant email domain that includes the company name and you have to have a few linked contacts too.
More than happy to help with the Linkedin side of things if necessary. Might sound like a strange suggestion but my thinking is as follows:
1) A lot of businesses gain recognition through Linkedin.
2) It could help with gaining help from developers and suppliers.
3) Many workplaces allow access to Linkedin, however Facebook and Twitter can often be blocked.
4) Those organisations who allow access to Linkedin also have the same situation as every company - bored employees! They can search for and hopefully find GEWar, which in turn might give them some inspiration on how to relieve their boredom haha.