Participation Points - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > GEWar > GEWar Talk > Official Games for Geos

Official Games for Geos Here are the official Games for Geos. These games are guaranteed by admins.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2019, 10:19 AM
Games Master is gaming
Games Master

Liked 187 Times in 147 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Participation Points

I would like to try this. It will basically be AI vs Carson but there will be point for the individual as well.

For example every alliance starts on 1000 points, you gain 10 points when members of the alliance participates in a game for geos BUT you also lose 10 points when a member does something wrong example attacks my army they aren't supposed to be attacking or taking a city they should not or adding industry to a city not supposed to gain industry etc

Lets say we start this at the beginning of June it will run till end June and who ever has the most points will receive some geos to be shared with all members that participated.
Geos will also be handed to the individual guys that keeps on participating

Just an idea that popped into my head, what do you all think?
Old 05-28-2019, 04:38 AM
Games Master is gaming
Games Master

Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Everyone will start off with 500 points come 1 June and at the end of June you can walk away with 10 000 geos.

Lets see how this goes
Old 05-28-2019, 04:52 AM
JS_RIDDLER is goto 0
Supermod

Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
I think its an idea and its worth trying a point game. but i want it game logged and tracked automatically not human collected and policed.

i think your present rules are simply a way of controlling people clicking buttons in a bigger game, its feels like points Simon says of what SB comes up with in the moment.

i think what your doing using the GM and the SB account at intermixed is unacceptable. Just be the GM. imposing rules on people doing anything the SB army's its unrealistic. the GM account exists for doing a thing. and thats what it should be used for. i find it so confusing the the GM says got to my base , but its really SB base.

i want to be positive , but i feel you wrote in too much personal lash out into it, for people pressing the buttons they have in a war game, as im so reminded this is a war game every time i ask for game changes. you have negativity attacked every change i have ever recommended.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:03 AM
Games Master is gaming
Games Master

Well unfortunately Riddler it is not possible to do a round like this with the GM account alone. I can not hand cities to myself, Luke tried to code it so that I can, but he couldn't so gave the OK that SB can help me out this round.

And yes it is a round where I control the opening of cities but it is meant to also be a more balanced round and that I think it is. Had we played with all cities over the globe one alliance would have by now been way ahead of the others. No one is running away with the round and that is the aim of this round.
There is more fighting as well!

Right now I am not controlling the game at all, I am simply doing games for geos and at the end of the day that is what I am here for
Players decide if they want to participate or not, that's never changed
Old 05-28-2019, 05:17 AM
JS_RIDDLER is goto 0
Supermod

you cant say voluntary participation and threaten to take points away from people or teams that attack you when you dont want it.
thats not voluntary participation. your altering the rules of the war game on the fly

your also elevating people with geos, so that unbalances if people dont play.

i think the round did run away. multiple alliances merged to one. and still not on top. and i think the scores are skewed right now with the China/ India citys.

i think if from the start it was clear what the games would be, a round of games could have been . but its a confused partialy city and some random games its a beta game sharing space inside another beta game.

i know its a lot of effort, but winging it is just rough for all sides.. a good game needs to be planed all the way though
Old 05-28-2019, 05:21 AM
JS_RIDDLER is goto 0
Supermod

And thank you for the PM's . because without them i wouldn't know anything thats going on! so they help notify me to read forms.
Old 05-28-2019, 05:46 AM
Games Master is gaming
Games Master

It has always been voluntary participation. That has not changed and you can't force people to do games for geos. Those that like them will play those that doesn't wont.

You can however reward those that take the time to do them and you can punish those that very well know when they aren't supposed to do something but does it anyway and by taking points away you aren't punishing them, they just will lose out on some geos. If you read the game rules you will also see that punishment and games used to be very strict, these days players get away with a lot more. I have seen people get banned for continuously screwing with games.

If you think this round did run away then I don't know what you are looking at but it seems to me like a 2mill in value gap between 1st and 2nd? That is great for the game and for the round because no one is running away with the value! Both alliances have an equal shot at winning this round, unlike previous rounds where one alliance basically already won after such a short period of time.

Not really winging anything either. I am just going along slower then I initially thought to keep the round as balanced as it is now
Old 05-29-2019, 01:55 AM
JS_RIDDLER is goto 0
Supermod

and check the scores again please