*NEW* Earnings after losing a battle! - Page 2 - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > GEWar > GEWar Support > Change Log

Change Log A listing of all changes made within the game.

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2017, 03:32 PM
thomas85 is busy
Emperor of Ethopia

Liked 417 Times in 283 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to thomas85
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
But it does do 1 thing:
It helps against frustration. Just a little bit. But every little bit might be a good thing.
That is true.
Old 07-17-2017, 03:49 AM
Decooter is preying
Cannoneer

Liked 68 Times in 37 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
It's definitely a positive thing, I can tell you that for sure.

Thing is, I'm doubtful there really is any type of solution to truly "balance" the game. In the end the entire game is about 80% based on number of active allies, and time spent/activity level. Give 15% to actual skill/strategy and the final 5% is luck/RNG.

The alliance with the most active players (and most friends outside the alliance) will always win out due to this.

Most industry ever put on a city: 24,057,822
Old 07-18-2017, 12:12 AM
siseid is diesis (sharp)
Donator

Liked 83 Times in 47 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decooter View Post

Thing is, I'm doubtful there really is any type of solution to truly "balance" the game. In the end the entire game is about 80% based on number of active allies, and time spent/activity level. Give 15% to actual skill/strategy and the final 5% is luck/RNG.

The alliance with the most active players (and most friends outside the alliance) will always win out due to this.
I agree... maybe the strategy is little bit more important than 15%, the strategy can make friends (or neutrals) outside the alliance. Two rounds ago we won the round even though we were only two (Vince and me)
Old 07-18-2017, 12:33 AM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Decooter View Post

Yeah this one wasn't for balance. It was brought up by another player to make the frustration of losing a little less. He said losing was too demotivating(translated into my own words). Others then thought it was a good idea, and I rolled with that.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:21 AM
LuckyLuciano is much cooler than you
Donator

Liked 135 Times in 85 Posts
I really don't think the game needs much more balance especially after these recent changes

You mentioned that if you reset now it would go back to the same in a few months well that is possible but not a guarantee
Maybe a few months should be the standard round length
Old 07-19-2017, 03:17 AM
Decooter is preying
Cannoneer

Liked 68 Times in 37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyLuciano View Post
Maybe a few months should be the standard round length
Well, Luke is trying to take the game in a direction where there are no "rounds" and the game is one permanent battlefield.

However I have my doubts that this will ever be possible. I think the nature of the game will only allow it to work with rounds and resets. In my opinion, the only way to make the game work with no rounds or resets is to change the game drastically, and to favor attacking players so heavily that even once an alliance owns most of (or the entire) world, players who attack them are so heavily advantaged that they can start taking back ground and win.

Most industry ever put on a city: 24,057,822
Old 07-20-2017, 12:19 AM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Thats why I keep saying homebase looting . When stealing is done by percentages, the rich have much more to lose than the poor.

And 'seasons'. Like some other games have. You see a timer of how long the season lasts. After that, the hall of fame is automatically updated. So a script resets some, but not everything. Like not your geocells or upgrades.

Can you imagine you have to go through all the upgrades from now on every round? Woudn't that become
Old 07-20-2017, 08:18 AM
ghostdog is Caught In A Mosh
Administrator

Liked 787 Times in 399 Posts
I have over the past couple of years tried and played many mobile games on my phone. Most of them do not have resets per say and for the most part I have found them boring and tedious. The only reason I stick with clash of clans is because tweedy of gewar and a bartender friend on mine is in the clan. if it were not for that I would stop playing altogether. Lets go back before PC games and think other than maybe D&D every other game had a beginning and an end. It's bad enough that what most of the world calls football is a boring tedious game that can end in 0-0. almost every other has a clear winner at the end. Without that light at the end of the tunnel I don't see the point in playing.

Click Here To Sign Up On Discord
http://www.gewar.net/forum/picture.p...pictureid=2498
The Following User likes this post of ghostdog:
Old 07-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Then let us discuss on a way to avoid our current way of resets so one doesn't have to restart all the upgrades over and over, and still maintain some sort of end. Like I posted above, but in your vision.

We lose too many players each round, and with our current reset we could never gain players either. We would be stuck with the hardcore gewar players we have now.

We need some way of having a winner. Bi-monthly even perhaps. But not force players to start all over from scratch every single time. The majority of the players go for games that allow them to continuously upgrade and get stronger, always settings something for them to do. Most wouldn't bother to start over again if they had to, in for example games like boombeach and clash of clans.
Old 07-20-2017, 04:19 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

In other words: as long as we have our current resets, we will never advertise nor gain players. How will we solve this?