Balance Changes - Page 3 - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > GEWar > GEWar Support > Change Log

Change Log A listing of all changes made within the game.

Closed Thread

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2017, 10:00 AM
ghostdog is Caught In A Mosh
Administrator

Liked 787 Times in 399 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
By my count if AI, UN, Republic of Nepal, Good ole boys, Vulture Redux & botteghe oscure all joined forces we could have a chance to take down Carson. One of the problems I see is communications between alliances. We all used to use xfire but now that it is gone there is a bit of a void to the social aspect of this game. So now all we need is a built it chat system fcor general chat, alliance chat and created chat rooms for players that want to work together for a common goal.

Click Here To Sign Up On Discord
http://www.gewar.net/forum/picture.p...pictureid=2498
The Following 2 Users like this post of ghostdog:
Old 06-24-2017, 10:10 AM
HellCarrot is I JUST DONT CARE
Donator

Liked 160 Times in 91 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
YES YES YES
The Following User likes this post of HellCarrot:
Old 06-24-2017, 10:29 AM
King_Diamond is thinking
Donator

Liked 226 Times in 105 Posts
This is all true HC, problem is the numbers are so low that you won't find enough players to defeat Carson. UN and AI tried and failed. Vulture is on Carson side. It would need an all against Carson tactic, and even then I would doubt the success
And you get the point, if that radical measures are necessary, there's something wrong.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:41 AM
Donator

No its called a war game. you cant expect it to be balanced! it never is! No game is ever balanced! there is always bigger!
The problem is instead of giving it a good go. you have the attitude you cant. tried and failed without even really giving it a go!
You said 2 alliances and there is more than just the 4 most known alliances!!
2004 by Hellcarrot -All rights reserved. No part of large font or caps can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Hellcarrot.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:44 AM
Donator

last time i checked the fun was in trying!! the fun was in the effort, the people, the organised fighting as groups or one!

KD u were a misfit! You are amazing fighter i know this to be true! we never won, we were never the biggest .but we always helped other alliances try for win, we always fought the biggest! but you stayed because it was bloody fun trying!
2004 by Hellcarrot -All rights reserved. No part of large font or caps can be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without prior written permission of Hellcarrot.

Last edited by HellCarrot; 06-24-2017 at 11:09 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:54 AM
Donator

trillian - that is a good chat. its also linked to facebook friends too if u want.

DOES ANYONE HAVE LINK TO PUT UP FOR TRILLIAN ???
my name is jessorhellcarrot on there

Last edited by HellCarrot; 06-24-2017 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:58 AM
ghostdog is Caught In A Mosh
Administrator

Liked 787 Times in 399 Posts
From what I see is we only have 50 or so player active or semi active. As a game developer you can not keep redesigning this game to make the 50 odd players happy. The game needs to be designed for a much bigger player base. So tweaking the game now for so few players to feel they are not outnumbered makes no sense to me. We have to go after a market that is already overcrowded with boring multi player games. It needs to be simple enough for the casual players but also have enough depth for the hard core RTS players.

Click Here To Sign Up On Discord
http://www.gewar.net/forum/picture.p...pictureid=2498
Old 06-24-2017, 11:23 AM
Donator

https://www.trillian.im/download/

download for trillian
Old 06-24-2017, 11:54 AM
thomas85 is busy
Emperor of Ethopia

Liked 417 Times in 283 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to thomas85
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostdog View Post
From what I see is we only have 50 or so player active or semi active. As a game developer you can not keep redesigning this game to make the 50 odd players happy. The game needs to be designed for a much bigger player base.[...]
Jamie, I think you have a point. Like I said to Hellcarrot:

We need to attack the problems that make new players give up immediately. When we have a cure for that we can advertise and attract many new players. Then the new players will outnumber the grumpy old players and GEWar will thrive again.

So what makes new players give up almost immediately?
Old 06-24-2017, 11:58 AM
Donator

alliances use to take on new players! use to have alliances lead by someone to learn from and then alliances would take them from there. why dont we have it anymore.
even i took newbies in.
alliances have the option to hide there geos from new players. so bring them into ur alliance recruit them and teach them. help bring the new generation in and keep them
Closed Thread