GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > General Discussion > General Discussion

General Discussion General discussion about topics not related to GEWar

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 09:19 PM
Prophet has no status
Donator

Liked 56 Times in 27 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
I love shows like Games Of Thrones/Spartacus/Rome/Walking Dead/American Horror Story/Twin Peaks.
The only shows I would add to that list are Fringe/Dexter/Breaking Bad. Beyond those everything else has either been done before, or has bad writing/acting.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Liked 1,559 Times in 823 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Oh right...people keep talking about Breaking Bad, Fringe and Dexter. I must admit I haven't tried those yet.

Old 05-04-2012, 09:48 PM
Bavarian Lib Front is Bananaman
Last of the Independents

Liked 58 Times in 23 Posts
Completely agree with Games Of Thrones/Spartacus/Rome/Walking Dead/American Horror Story/Twin Peaks/Fringe/Dexter/Breaking Bad.

Grimm isn't bad but there is a definite lack of gritty darkness to it. I thought it would get darker as the series progressed but it hasn't so far. On a side note, i would be interested to know what the grim actually looks like. We always see what the vessen look like but never the grim's actual look.

@luke have you had a look at Luther yet?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:49 PM
Luke is full of ideas
Administrator

Liked 1,559 Times in 823 Posts
Woops. I did download Luther but then forgot it. So I have to add that to the try-list also.

*and with download I meant going to the recordstore and buy it on dvd

Last edited by Luke; 05-04-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:00 PM
SJ is me
Administrator

Liked 164 Times in 106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
The only shows I would add to that list are Fringe/Dexter/Breaking Bad. Beyond those everything else has either been done before, or has bad writing/acting.
Fringe is still one of my favourites, love Dexter, Luther is a fab show very very good. I like Silent Witness too, but this season seems to have gone über dark.
Old 05-05-2012, 04:31 AM
Starbuck is lekker man... LEKKER!!
Wally

Liked 368 Times in 285 Posts
I love breaking bad, can't wait for the 5th season to start!!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:14 AM
Wally

I watched the first episode of Revolution yesterday and I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode...

It says the first episode is yet to come out on the 17th, so guess the one that was aired is the un-aired pilot of something...
Old 09-11-2012, 09:50 PM
Hollow is Bob Loblaw

Liked 662 Times in 304 Posts
I can't believe it took me so long to find this show, but dude...DUDE!

Dexter

Freaking unreal. Just finished season 4 and it was bleeping insane. Loved it. Can't wait to watch the next couple of seasons. Originally I was really reluctant to watch it because the whole story line didn't appeal with me at all, but I was hooked after watching the first episode.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:17 PM
Wally

Haha hollow a bit behind with Dexter but yes it's a great show!!!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:03 PM
SJ is me
Administrator

Liked 164 Times in 106 Posts
Hollow I started watching it when it was first released in the UK and could not get into it. But one of my friends kept going on and on about what a good series it was. So I tried again when season four started and watched the entire show from season one back to back until I finally caught up. I love Dexter, I am so glad I eventually persevered with it.

I also had the same thing with Breaking Bad, although now I am finally up to date with it, I feel I want to bang two of the main characters heads together lol.