Currency for Geos - Page 10 - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > GEWar > GEWar Support > Feature Suggestions

Feature Suggestions If you have an idea on how we can improve GEwar, post it here!

View Poll Results: If it was available would you be interested in buying Geos with real money
Yes 15 42.86%
No 20 57.14%
Voters: 35. This poll is closed

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2012, 08:11 AM
skotty is gnoming fantastic
Gone.

Liked 122 Times in 75 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravan View Post
Wow. Skotty and RM, way to hijack a topic. Maybe there was something relevant in the last several posts but I skipped over them because it just seemed like pointless back and forth banter.
It was RM with the OT banter, I have warned him several times to stay on topic, but all he could do was OT, finally dragging me to OT too. Lots was the normal RM banter, but at least in my posts one would as expected find quite a few intelligent remarks and tips for Luke how to make this game survive.

When I am mod, I will be dealing with RM in the harshest way possible with the mute button. (I sent cash a warning pm too, he was dreaming a new game somewhere along the lines of Barbie goes shopping).

Although this game should (afterall a only paying game would scare lots away) and would remain largely free, Luke MUST somehow find a revenue for this game, to be able to pay for the upkeep, and future development of the game.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:19 AM
RagingMongoose is not speaking the truth anymore because facts make people cry!
Semi-Retired

Liked 312 Times in 178 Posts
Submit to Clesto Submit to Digg Submit to Reddit Submit to Furl Submit to Del.icio.us Submit to Jeqq Submit to Spurl
As always, a topic like this fails to address the entire picture of what's required to actually help the game. Newbie protection and support is just one area, however if that's all that is looked at, nothing will change. SB counted 7 new players in 4 months, so let's be generous and project that per year 25 new players will join. In the meantime, it would be completely reasonable to assume that players will leave, so let's assume a net gain of 15 players under current circumstances per year. Out of those 15 net players gained, let's assume 50% donate, giving us a generously rounded 8 donators. How is that going to make any difference to Luke's ability to fund this game? Exactly, it's not.

The newbie protection and support topic is an emotive one, one that people including me get caught up on. However, many ideas have been posted on this topic already, with the latest one being on the link below where I tied together the best ideas I'd seen:

Newbie Protection Ideas

As I say though, newbie protection is only part of the issue facing GEWar and if it's all that's focused on then nothing will change. The true list of topics requiring ideas and solutions are:

1) Newbie protection and support
2) Donator benefits and how to increase the number of donators
3) Player retention, both newbies and vets
4) Ideas for pay-per-feature areas that Luke could charge for
5) Ideas for other revenue streams (that aren't covered by point 4)
6) How to increase the number of new players planting in the game (big hint, paid marketing that's targeted at webgamers, using revenue from points 4 & 5).

That's just off the top of my head, however there are 6 individual and separate issues there that are closely related, all of which are necessary to make any impact when trying to retain players, make GEWar more profitable, and to encourage newbies. Let's stop over-simplifying the issue and face reality!

Last edited by RagingMongoose; 04-22-2012 at 08:21 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:42 PM
Chris16 is slightly drunk
Legionnaire

Liked 69 Times in 37 Posts
The biggest question has to be at Luke,
Luke are you willing to set certain feature and or buying geos to only be obtained by spending real money?
I dont mean buying donor ship, i meaning a single feature may cost €1.50 (planting 2 res plots in 23 hrs for example) active for 2 weeks. Just buying that 1 feature. Is that something you would be willing to do? Coz if not then revenue other then donor ships is not even worth talking about.

And raging, ur point about keeping players is valid, but to get players there needs to be something to bring them to the site. If we dont show ppl that the site is there then they wont come, so money from players here might be a good idea, through buying extra features and such?

Last edited by Chris16; 04-22-2012 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:58 PM
RagingMongoose is not speaking the truth anymore because facts make people cry!
Semi-Retired

Liked 312 Times in 178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris16 View Post
And raging, ur point about keeping players is valid, but to get players there needs to be something to bring them to the site. If we dont show ppl that the site is there then they wont come, so money from players here might be a good idea, through buying extra features and such?
I completely agree. When listing the 6 points of discussion that actually need to be addressed in my last post, my aim was to include areas covering newbie protection, player retention, how to encourage donatorships, new features including those that could be pay only features, and finally how to increase the number of players coming through the doors here at GEWar. Only by addressing all of those areas will we see an improvement in the player population and profitability of the game in my opinion.