KML changes - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Prophet

Rate this Entry

KML changes

Submit "KML changes" to Digg Submit "KML changes" to del.icio.us Submit "KML changes" to StumbleUpon Submit "KML changes" to Google Submit "KML changes" to Blinklist
Posted 07-06-2011 at 12:48 AM by Prophet

Recently I made 4 changes to the KML files. 3 are presentation, and one was to (hopefully) fix an old bug.

1. I changed the label size on cities to scale 0.8. Makes it easier to read.

2. Changed the army label to match your color (it used to be white). This should help with seeing if any armies are "in your backyard".

3. Changed out the ICON for the cities. It used to be some For Sale sign, and that just didn't work. I tried to do our own icon (FAILED) and went with a generic one. I'll devote some time to a custom icon in the next week or two.

4. BUG FIX: there was a bug that existed where an army travelling to a homebase wouldn't state the name of the homebase it was heading to. It looks like travel type 3 wasn't defined in the kml files...It is now. I did some spot checking and things "seemed" to be working correctly. If you see this error again please send me a PM.

That's it for the KML changes. Also, I added about 30 new cities, and have another 50 or so to add in the next week.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5898 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« More changes...     Main     Changes this week »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Very nice work Prophet!

Yeah I first noticed the 'for sale' sign on my iphone .

Nice fixes and improvements. Thanks!
  2. Old Comment
    Great work Jeremy!

And unfortunately I had to send you a counterexample for 4. by PM.
  3. Old Comment
    Yeah but at least I know what #4 is now. Just a simple exception catch for players with 0 armies.