What am I doing? - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Luke

Rate this Entry

What am I doing?

Submit "What am I doing?" to Digg Submit "What am I doing?" to del.icio.us Submit "What am I doing?" to StumbleUpon Submit "What am I doing?" to Google Submit "What am I doing?" to Blinklist
Posted 04-22-2011 at 02:32 PM by Luke

A lot of players said they wanted to be updated. Because no news makes some think nothing is being done.

Though I disagree with that way of thinking, I noticed I do it myself too on other websites.

Most know that lately I had problems with our development server. It has been completely reinstalled, and therefor it can be used for developments again. First thing will be army splitting.

However I've put it on hold the last 2 weeks because I desperately once and for all want a major problem to be solved. That is the slowdowns here.

I've tested a lot on different configurations(as noticed by some as I have to reboot the server) and taken all other domains offline from this server. Now installing monitoring software. Got some hints from the provider as well as to what the problem could be.

Basically throughout gewar history we've always had this problem. Well even Mickey had the problem. And there must be a solution. A quicker server worked a little bit, but not enough.

To me solving the problem of slowdowns has become the nr1 priority. All else is less important because nothing is more frustrating than having to wait 30-45 seconds for a page to load sometimes.

So thats my update for now. After 2 weeks I finally have a feeling we're getting closer to the problem. I don't need to have a lightningfast game, but I don't want to say time out errors anymore or having to wait a ridiculous long time for the page to load. I think for new players this could also be another reason to quit if their first encounter with gewar is a game that runs really slow sometimes.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 63520 Comments 28 Edit Tags
« I'm back     Main
Total Comments 28

Comments

1. Old Comment
    truly an argument Thomas....
    as I mentioned it should cost something to make an army invissible, can't be free; for h&r, that function would be a strong support and I am sure our game would get more lively.
    Interception would not be gone, because you won't hide all your armies if it cost something...clearly we understand that withount money transfer 99% player take care that their bank account is filled.
  2. Old Comment
    Starbuck: yes exactly. They will happen at the same time. Most logical timing.
  3. Old Comment
    Argh. 1-7 business days from today is when I will be receiving the new server. I hope that means 1...average would be 3 or 4 and with my luck 7. And then I have to install everything...

If lucky then still first week of July....if all luck is against me then the second...
  4. Old Comment
    Guess I'm lucky
  5. Old Comment
    haha yeah you got lucky, finally
    How long will it take you to install everything?
  6. Old Comment
    Well I jinxed it by saying that....they made a mistake. I ordered a server with 2 IP's and 8Gb of memory, and received one with 1 IP and 4Gb....so they have to upgrade it. I will move gewar when they are done. Just sent them an email.

I think I'm already done with the installation.
  7. Old Comment
    Damn that's just frustrating more then anything else. Hope they respond fast so we can get this new server/new round going!
  8. Old Comment
    Luke are you from Holland or the Netherlands?