GEWar - Uncategorized
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Prophet

Uncategorized Entries with no category
Old

More new cities...

Posted 07-26-2011 at 06:30 AM by Prophet

So I added a bunch of cities over the weekend. Our number is now 2,265 (started the round with 1368). Our population total is 1,732,312,215 (25.57%). That should overwhelm the larger alliances and combined with the cost to move troops around the world it "should" give new players and smaller alliances a chance to find some cities without intimidation (well less intimidation).

I have another batch of cities I'm building up, but I don't think I'll be releasing anything new...
Verified Sasquatch ✔
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 9499 Comments 2 Prophet is offline Edit Tags
Old

Changes today: Adding Cities

Posted 07-17-2011 at 12:46 AM by Prophet

We started the round at 1369 cities. We now have 1766, and I hope to add a bunch more before the end of the year (my goal is 2500 total).

So this batch should be available now. I'm running the cron off-cycle so that people don't have to wait and our error logs don't fill up with failed attacks

By releasing this batch we now have a GEWAR population of 1,698,540,692 which is 25.07% of the actual population number.

As I said, my goal is 2500 cities by the...
Verified Sasquatch ✔
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5493 Comments 1 Prophet is offline Edit Tags
Old

Changes for Tuesday

Posted 07-13-2011 at 04:07 PM by Prophet

1. Changed the height of cities.
Cities are now using the value to define the height. So the shape for Chicago is now higher then the shape for St. Louis.

This is something that existed in the old game, and was a nice little addition.

2. Reset home base bug
There was a bug (or whatever) that showed the Reset your home base not only on your home base page, but also on all other player's home bases. It was just one of those odd things where a coder put...
Verified Sasquatch ✔
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 6592 Comments 2 Prophet is offline Edit Tags
Old

Changes this week

Posted 07-11-2011 at 03:08 AM by Prophet

1. Army movement to homebase bug
Ran into this bug last week and thought we had it fixed, and after further analysis (and help from Thomas85) we were able to find that it wasn't fixed and where the exact problem was. That's the good news. The bad news is that it's a deeply rooted issue that can't be solved without impacting many other things and possibly screwing up the game for hours (story of my life in GEWAR). So we did a workaround. Instead of saying a player's name (i.e. this army is...
Verified Sasquatch ✔
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5689 Comments 1 Prophet is offline Edit Tags
Old

KML changes

Posted 07-06-2011 at 12:48 AM by Prophet

Recently I made 4 changes to the KML files. 3 are presentation, and one was to (hopefully) fix an old bug.

1. I changed the label size on cities to scale 0.8. Makes it easier to read.

2. Changed the army label to match your color (it used to be white). This should help with seeing if any armies are "in your backyard".

3. Changed out the ICON for the cities. It used to be some For Sale sign, and that just didn't work. I tried to do our own icon...
Verified Sasquatch ✔
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5850 Comments 3 Prophet is offline Edit Tags