A Daily Musing: Food - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Arkantos

Rate this Entry

A Daily Musing: Food

Submit "A Daily Musing: Food" to Digg Submit "A Daily Musing: Food" to del.icio.us Submit "A Daily Musing: Food" to StumbleUpon Submit "A Daily Musing: Food" to Google Submit "A Daily Musing: Food" to Blinklist
Posted 03-01-2014 at 01:49 AM by Arkantos

I was sitting today, and wondered: Why go to a fancy restaurant and spend 50 dollars to get full, when you can spend 10 dollars at the local fast-food place instead. Some might say the quality or taste of the food, but tomorrow/ the next day/ when you snap out of your hangover, you'll forget what the food tasted like, but you'll remember you got full.
Comments welcome. Any ideas why?
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7027 Comments 3 Edit Tags
« A Test Blog     Main     Industry Stats »
Total Comments 3

Comments

1. Old Comment
    I very rarely eat in restaurants. When at work colleagues and I often go to one of the cafeterias around our workplace.

My favorite fast food dish is the Doner Kebap and variations of it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%B6ner#Germany
  2. Old Comment
    Depends on where I am. I am a man of 2 countries. Half dutch/half Greek.

In Holland I never(almost never) eat in restaurants. It's expensive, and it's not like it's an unforgettable experience.
    I'm not going to waste 30 euros for eating outdoors.

However in Greece it is different. Many restaurants offer food for almost the same price as you would get it in the supermarket. That is why so many eat outdoors. Why spend so much time cooking, when for just a little extra you can be served. You'll also have a much greater time. And with probably a better view than from your home.
    Let's say a meal at home would cost you 5-6 euros altogether. In a restaurant(if you know the right ones, not the touristic restaurants as those cost more) you could do it for 8-9 euros. It depends on what you eat ofcourse.

A fastfood place in Greece would set you back 5-6 euros, so the difference is small.
  3. Old Comment
    My dad cooks some dishes that could compete with fancy restaurants.