Be Prepared. - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Peonboss

Rate this Entry

Be Prepared.

Submit "Be Prepared." to Digg Submit "Be Prepared." to del.icio.us Submit "Be Prepared." to StumbleUpon Submit "Be Prepared." to Google Submit "Be Prepared." to Blinklist
Posted 08-27-2011 at 12:54 AM by Peonboss

The boy scout motto always fits.

Why is it people are surprised when a storm is coming. I guess I can understand if you lived in a city and had limited room, but then again I wont and dont.

We have 2 generators, one smaller but as a spare. Never even fired em up last year except for my monthly tests, but if we need em we have em. That covers food spoilage and water. And boredom... a big thing with 6 kids.

We stock enough food to live good for 2 weeks, and then survive on stuff like beans and rice and cans for 3-4 weeks more.

Our house can not be flooded, there are still a few trees that could hit it, but I take out 2-3 a year so there is far less now.

I keep batteries and flashlights stocked. always. One get used it gets replaced. I keep the chainsaw ready just in case and a few tarps on hand also just in case.

if you spread it out over years I prob spend an extra 5$ a month to make sure we will be fine.
Of course it goes further than that I rejected houses I liked cause of the locations.

I keep some lumber spare in a shed. When I need a piece I use it then replace it, so if we ever loose a window or 3 I can cover em. I have battery powered power tools, and the batteries are always charged.

I bet I do not spend 2 mins a week thinking bout this, its just a routine. I do spend a few hours once a month checking stores and so forth, but its pretty easy.

So right now a big storm on way and I just went and bought macaroni and pop tarts. Macaroni cause we were down to bout 6lbs and pop tarts cause we havnt had any in 2 years or so as a treat.

Anyways, point is, think before you buy, plan far ahead. and always try and be prepared.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 7907 Comments 2 Edit Tags
Total Comments 2

Comments

1. Old Comment
    Sounds like, Irene should be planning ahead for you. hahaha
    Posted 08-27-2011 at 02:00 AM by HouseOfRothschild HouseOfRothschild is offline
  2. Old Comment
    ok...
    I never read peon...