Changes today: Adding Cities - GEWar
GEWar

Go Back   GEWar > Blogs > Prophet

Rate this Entry

Changes today: Adding Cities

Submit "Changes today: Adding Cities" to Digg Submit "Changes today: Adding Cities" to del.icio.us Submit "Changes today: Adding Cities" to StumbleUpon Submit "Changes today: Adding Cities" to Google Submit "Changes today: Adding Cities" to Blinklist
Posted 07-17-2011 at 12:46 AM by Prophet

We started the round at 1369 cities. We now have 1766, and I hope to add a bunch more before the end of the year (my goal is 2500 total).

So this batch should be available now. I'm running the cron off-cycle so that people don't have to wait and our error logs don't fill up with failed attacks

By releasing this batch we now have a GEWAR population of 1,698,540,692 which is 25.07% of the actual population number.

As I said, my goal is 2500 cities by the end of the year. I think that the more cities the more it can cause parity and/or chaos. Parity if people get active and take those cities, or chaos if they allow one alliance to grab 1 billion+ in value and then play "pile on the big guy". Either way is fun to see and be a part of.

The other thing I'm working on is multiple attack types. This won't be released with this round, but I'm hopeful it can be released either next round or the round after that. I'm working on Helicopters, Planes, Tanks, Artillery and a few others to start with.

I'm also looking into ways to add more resources to the game and maybe tie them to actions in the game (change oil to mechanized units and make food or wood for troops). More on this later.

Alright that's enough from me...Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
Posted in Uncategorized
Views 5499 Comments 1 Edit Tags
Total Comments 1

Comments

1. Old Comment
    WIthout a doubt you have the best blog around here .

Now we need more focus and attention on the blogs. A lot would think these are great to read, but never visit them.